Tutorial for Nook Tablet, Nook Color, Nook HD, and Nook HD+
Downloading the Overdrive Media Console App:
- On a Nook HD or HD+ click “Shop” from the home page.
- On a Nook Color or Nook Tablet, click the “n” menu button and then “Shop.”
- Type Overdrive Media Console into the search bar.
- Download the free Overdrive Media Console app.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the apps icon on your home page or menu and locate the Overdrive app.
Checking Out Books:
- Upon opening the app for the first time, you will be prompted to either sign into your Adobe account or to create a new one.
- Inside the app, tap the Nook menu button at the bottom center of the screen.
Choose “Get Books” in the menu.
- Click on “Add a Library” at the top of this new page.
- Search for either “Oglesby” or “61348” and you will be given a list of libraries near Oglesby, select us by tapping on our name.
- You will now be taken to a page with “Library Systems” listed and the only option listed will be the “Online Media of Northern Illinois Libraries” (or OMNI Libraries).
- Before you do anything else, tap on the star next to the OMNI Libraries listing; this will save you from searching for our library every time you want to check out a book. The star will turn yellow to confirm you have saved our library to your app.
- Now tap on the title for OMNI Libraries.
- This will take you to the website we use for our digital content.
- Once at omnilibraries.org, click on the icon that looks like a person and choose our library to sign into your account using your library card number and PIN.
- You can browse through current titles on the main page or search for books by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the top-right of the page.
- Tap on a title you want once you have found it.
- If the book is currently available click on “Borrow” and you will be taken to a new page where it asks you to choose a format to download the book. You will want to select “EPUB eBook” and then click “Confirm & Download”
- On the book’s page click “Place a Hold” if the book isn’t currently available then you will be asked for an email address to be notified when you can check it out.
- Once you have downloaded your book it will return you to your bookshelf in the Overdrive Media Console app. If not, opent he app and tap on “Bookshelf” in the top right-hand corner and you will see a list of the titles you have downloaded.
- Tap on a cover to open the book.
- To return a book, open your bookshelf in the app.
- In the top, left-hand corner tap on “Edit.”
- Tap the red button next to the title you wish to return and then tap the “Return/Delete” button when it pops up.
- Tap “Return then Delete” if you are finished with the title and want to return it entirely; tap “Delete only” to remove the title from your bookshelf, but leave the book checked out to you until it expires.