Tutorial for Nook Classic, Nook Simple Touch, and Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Downloading Adobe Digital Editions for Your Home Computer
Loading Books onto Your eReader
Downloading Adobe Digital Editions for Your Home Computer:
- For Nook eReaders, a free copy of Adobe Digital Editions must be downloaded. It is available via the Official Adobe Website.
- Once this software is downloaded it, open it and log in using your Adobe account information.
Checking Out Books:
- Navigate to http://omnilibraries.org on your home computer.
- Click on the Account icon in the upper, right-hand corner and choose our library to sign into your account using your library card number and PIN.
- You can browse through current titles on the main page or search for books by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the top-right of the page.
- Click on a title you want once you have found it.
- If the book is currently available click on “Borrow” and you will be taken to a new page where it asks you to choose a format to download the book. You will want to select “EPUB eBook” and then click “Confirm & Download”
- On the book’s page click “Place a Hold” if the book isn’t currently available then you will be asked for an email address to be notified when you can check it out.
- [wpanchor id=”load”]
Loading Books onto Your eReader:
- Once you download a book, locate the file in your downloads folder (or wherever your web browser saves files by default) and double click on the icon to open it in Adobe Digital Editions.
- By default, once the book has loaded into the program, it will open, but for now, click on “Library” in the top, left-hand corner to return to your bookshelf.
- Plug your Nook into your computer with the USB cable that came with your device.
- Go back to Adobe Digital Editions and find your device in the left sidebar.
- To the right of the “Devices” title, click the cogwheel for a drop down menu and choose “Authorize Device…” and follow the steps in the pop up window.
- Once the device is authorized, click on either “All Items” or “Borrowed” from the menu on the left.
- Click and drag to highlight all of the titles you wish to transfer to your Nook; if there is just one title you do not have to highlight it first.
- Right click on one of the titles you have selected and from the menu select “Copy to Computer/Device” and the select “Nook.”
- IMPORTANT: Eject your device before removing the USB cable from it.
- From your Nook, click on the “n” menu button and tap “Library.”
- Find the title you just borrowed and tap on the cover to begin reading.
- To confirm, click “Return.”
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on your home computer.
- Locate the title you wish to return from either the “All Items” or “Borrowed” bookshelves on the left sidebar.
- Right-click the title you want to return and select “Returned Borrowed Item.”
- You will receive a message asking you if you are sure you want to return your title as well as any titles that were delivered with it.
- To confirm, click “Return.”