Tutorial for Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, and Kindle Fire HD
Downloading the Overdrive Media Console App
Downloading the Overdrive Media Console App:
- Tap “Apps” at the top of the Home Screen.
- Tap “Store” in the upper right-hand corner of the App screen.
- Type Overdrive Media Console into the search bar.
- Download the free Overdrive Media Console app.
- Open the app once it is finished downloading.
Checking Out Books:
- Upon opening the app for the first time, you will be prompted to either sign into your Adobe account or to create a new one.
- Inside the app, tap the Kindle menu button at the bottom center of the screen.
Choose “Get Books” in the menu.
- Click on “Add a Library” at the top of this new page.
- Search for either “Oglesby” or “61348” and you will be given a list of libraries near Oglesby, but our’s should be listed at the top, so select us by tapping on it.
- You will now be taken to a page with “Library Systems” listed and the only option listed will be the “Online Media of Northern Illinois Libraries” (or OMNI Libraries).
- Before you do anything else, tap on the star next to the OMNI Libraries listing; this will save you from searching for our library every time you want to check out a book. The star will turn yellow to confirm you have saved our library to your app.
- Now tap on the title for OMNI Libraries.
- This will take you to the website we use for our digital content.
- Once at omnilibraries.org, click on the icon that looks like a person and choose our library to sign into your account using your library card number and PIN.
- You can browse through current titles on the main page or search for books by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the top-right of the page.
- Tap on a title you want once you have found it.
- If the book is currently available click on “Borrow” and you will be taken to a new page where it asks you to choose a format to download the book. You will want to select “Kindle Book” and then click “Confirm & Download”
- On the book’s page click “Place a Hold” if the book isn’t currently available then you will be asked for an email address to be notified when you can check it out.
- Once you choose “Confirm & Download” you will be taken to the Amazon page for the title you have chosen.
- On the right of this page, click the yellow button that says “Get Library Book” (make sure the drop-down menu under this button is displaying the option to have the book delivered to your Kindle.
- On the next page, click another yellow button that says “Download Now.”
- Now exit to the home page of your Kindle to find the book in your Carousel.
- Tap on the cover to open the book.
- From the home screen select “Web” at the top.
- Navigate to Amazon.com
- Log-in to your account in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- Under “Order History” tap “View Your Kindle Orders.
- Find the title you would like to return from the list and tap “Action” on the right side of the list.
- Choose “Return This Book” from the action menu.
- When it asks, “Are you sure you want to return this Library Loan Ebook?.” select “Yes.”