PrairieCat Catalog Tutorial
There have been a few changes to the PrairieCat website lately, let us walk you through using your account!
- Mouse over the “Catalog” link in the menu above to bring up the drop down menu.
- Click on “Local Catalog.”
- In the top, right-hand corner click “Login.”
- For your Library Card Number, use the entire 14-digit barcode number located on the back of your library card.
- Your PIN number will be the last 4 digits of the barcode, unless it was changed at some point (this could have been done by editing your account on the PrairieCat website or having us change it at the library).
- After you hit submit, you will be returned to the home page.
- To view your account, click n your name in the top, right-hand corner.
- (Please note that as of 12/13/14 there is an error on the PrairieCat website on the account page. The “Checkouts” tab will show zero items regardless of whether or not there is anything actually checked out on the account. You need to click on that tab to see if you have anything out.)
- The “Reading History” tab is a great tool to keep track of books you have read. To opt-in to this, click on that tab under your account and click the “Opt In” button.
- To search for books, use the search bar located at the top of any page or in the center of the home page.
- Once you have found the item you would like to place a hold on, click the grey “Request it” button to the right of the item information.
- Select the library from which you would like to pick up your book in the next window that pops up.
- The logout button can be found in the upper, right-hand corner where the login button was.