PrairieCat Catalog Tutorial
Our online catalog is PrairieCat. Let us walk you through using your account!
- Mouse over the “Catalog” link in the menu above to bring up the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Catalog Account Login.”
- For your Library Card Number, use the entire 14-digit barcode number located on the back of your library card.
- Your default PIN is the last 4 digits of your barcode, unless you changed it at some point (this can be done by editing your account on the PrairieCat website; if you need your PIN reset, call us: 815-883-3619).
- After you hit submit, you will be returned to the home page.
- To view your account, click on your name in the top, right-hand corner.
- You can see what you have checked out (and renew books if they have no holds for other patrons).
- You can see any fines or fees (and pay online with a card).
- You can see details about your holds.
- You can choose to opt-in to keep track of books you have checked out. (To save your reading history, click on that tab and click the “Save Reading History” button.)
- To search for books, use the search bar located at the top of any page or in the center of the home page.
- Once you have found the item you would like to place a hold on, click the grey “Request it” button to the right of the item information.
- Select the library from which you would like to pick up your book in the next window that pops up.
- The logout button can be found in the upper right-hand corner where the login button was.